Showing off the equipment

. . . and more Fun Day fun

Joshua & Izaiah Steidl chat it up with Patches

Climbing high

Dangerous work

Family Fun Day 2017

Mike Pope waiting for a good dunking

Future fire fighters Angel & Richard Arnold

Most popular kid activity

Christmas Parade

Christmas Parade

Santa visits the fire station

Fire & Rescue Team

Fire & Rescue Team

Firefighter Comuzie

Firefighter Comuzie

Putting it all out there

Training

F&R smoke

A smoky life

Litchfield Township Fire & Rescue

Chief Jason Davis
9487 Norwalk Road
Litchfield, OH 44253

Emergency contact: 911
Our mailing address:
PO Box 177
Litchfield, OH 44253
Phone: 330.725.0911
Fax: 330.723.6969

You can also find us on Facebook at Litchfield Fire & Rescue.

The Litchfield Fire & Rescue team is staffed by fire chief Jason Davis and 20 highly dedicated volunteers.  They train weekly, maintain the equipment and vehicles regularly, attend seminars, conferences and workshops and are on call 24/7 for Litchfield Township residents and other local fire departments.
  
Q:  Most importantly, if there is an emergency, how do I contact you?

A:  In case of an emergency, dial 9-1-1.  The dispatchers will notify the correct emergency responders to help mitigate the issue.
For non-emergencies, call us at 330.725.0911 and leave a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
 
Q:  So what does a volunteer fire & rescue department do?

A:  Our team is on call 24/7 to be there for you. We respond to all emergency calls in our township and neighboring communities that we have mutual aid agreements with.

Also, we have drill every Thursday evening, 7-9 pm:

  • First Thursday, Fire Training
  • Second Thursday, Work Night (building and truck check and maintenance)
  • Third Thursday, EMS Training
  • Fourth Thursday, Association Meeting

Q:  Any fundraisers or upcoming events?
A:  We provide several fun events and fundraisers throughout the year. These events raise money to help purchase needed equipment.

Pancake Breakfasts and American Red Cross Blood Drive
Sunday, April 2, 8 am-12:30 pm
Sunday, November 5, 8 am-12:30 pm

At the fire station at 9487 Norwalk Road in Litchfield (on route 18 just west of the Litchfield Circle)
Anyone who gives blood gets a free breakfast!

Ice Cream Social
Friday, July 7, 6:30 pm
On the Litchfield Circle by the Gazebo

4th Annual Family Fun Day
Sunday, July 9, 12-4 pm
At the fire station at 9487 Norwalk Road in Litchfield (on route 18 just west of the Litchfield Circle)

Come and see what we’re all about on Family Fun Day. Enjoy light refreshments, watch the life flight helicopter land and take off and look inside. Have fun with a fire truck bounce house, dunk tank and a fire hose for the kids to spray. We will also have all of our apparatus and equipment out to look at and climb on.

Q:  How do I learn more about becoming a volunteer firefighter for Litchfield Fire & Rescue?

A:  Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer can stop up on any Thursday evening between 7-9 pm. Otherwise, call us at 330.725.0911, leave a message, and someone will call you back. You need no previous experience; we will provide you with all the training you’ll need. Requirements are a high school diploma, drivers’ license, and passing a background check and basic physical.  We’d love for you to join our team!

Q:  What can you tell me about the hydrants in Litchfield Township?

A:  Litchfield has less than 10% pressurized hydrants. If there is a fire, this means we have to either haul water with tankers or use a static water source such as dry hydrants or ponds for the other 90% of the township.

Q:  What is the ISO/PPC rating I keep hearing about?

A:  Our fire department is audited every five years by the Insurance Service Office to determine our ISO/PPC (Public Protection Classification) rating. We were audited in 2016 and went from a 7/9 split classification to a 5, which in return should lower our taxpayers’ insurance rates . . . good news for all of us!