Let’s Get Historical!
Greetings from the Litchfield Historical Society! We were officially incorporated in July 1984. Inspired by the township’s sesquicentennial (150th anniversary), a group of dedicated residents decided to record the history of Litchfield Township in a book. The society was organized by this same hardworking group. The township purchased the museum building and property in 1999.
Our main mission is to preserve and share the history of Litchfield Township. We welcome people of all ages, walks of life and varied interests . . . all you need is a shared love of the history of Litchfield, its families and its story. Some of our recent events including hosting the community Christmas party, presenting various speakers, and participating in the Medina County Fall Foliage Tour. We are always looking for new ideas and fresh perspectives.
June Meeting: 6/18, 7:30 pm
June 28: LHS Ice Cream Social
July Meeting: 7/16, 7:30 pm
August, no meeting
September Meeting: 9/17, 7:30 pm
October Meeting: 10/15, 7:30 pm
November Meeting: 11/19, 7:30 pm
Historical Society & Museum
9268 Norwalk Road
Litchfield, OH 44253
Tours upon request
4470 Avon Lake Road
Litchfield, OH 44253
President, Melissa Clifford
Purchases, Celia Kruggel
Litchfield Historical Society membership:
- All are welcome to join.
- Dues are $5 a year.
- Meetings are the 3rd Monday of each month, April through November at 7:30 pm. Please call for more info.
The Litchfield Township Museum:
- Resides at 9268 Norwalk Road on the southeast side of the Litchfield Circle.
- Tours are available; please call 216.233.3157 to set up.
Historical Society memorabilia & attire for purchase:
- Litchfield Historical hardbound book $10
- This beautiful and informative book covers the history of Litchfield Township from 1831 through 1994. It also includes a separate map of our township as of 1994. A must-have for anyone interested in our township and our past.
- T-shirts (gray or blue): adult sizes S, M, L, XL $10
- Contact Celia Kruggel at 330.667.2534 to purchase.
photos by John Kruggel