A Century of Music
Founded in 1901, The Litchfield Town Band’s directors and musicians were recently recognized for their dedication through the years, receiving Litchfield Township’s first historical marker! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Celia Kruggel and Cindy Bennett, The Ohio History Center has awarded our band a Historical Marker for being active for over one hundred years. Special thanks to Jason Davis, Mike Pope, John Kruggel, Art Butcher and John Butcher for their hard work placing the marker next to the gazebo at Circle Park.
We the Litchfield Town Band cordially invite musicians high school age and beyond to join us in rehearsals. The band begins rehearsing again on Tuesday, November 14 from 7:30-8:30 pm in the Litchfield Town Hall or the old Litchfield Fire House meeting room to prepare for the upcoming Christmas concerts at Litchfield and the Medina County Home. The Band will also continue to rehearse throughout the winter months as weather permits.
The band plays annually at the Litchfield and Chatham Memorial Day ceremonies, the ice cream socials, and the Litchfield Holiday Program. We also play by invitation at various festivals and activities throughout the area.
|Here’s our complete schedule through summer 2018:|
|Rehearsals: every Tuesday, 7:30-8:30 pm|
|Christmas rehearsals: Tuesdays, November 14, 21 & 28|
|Litchfield Community Christmas Program: Sunday, December 3, 2 pm at the Litchfield Assembly of God|
|Medina County Home Christmas Performance: Tuesday, December 5, 7 pm|
|Winter rehearsals: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, beginning January 16, 2018 and followed by February 6 & 20, March 6 & 20 and April 3 & 17 (weather permitting)|
|Memorial Day rehearsals: Tuesday, May 1, 8, 15 & 22, 2018|
|Litchfield Memorial Day Service: Sunday, May 27, 2018, 1:30 pm|
|Chatham Memorial Day Service: Monday, May 28, 2018, 10 am|
|Summer rehearsals: Tuesdays, beginning June 5, 7:30 pm|
|More Ice Cream Socials: stay tuned!|
|Chatham Bicentennial Parade: July 13, 2018, 6 pm|
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Bennett:
8181 Spieth Road, Litchfield, OH 44253
433 Township Road 1031, Nova, OH 44859
- The Kruggle/Smith family has played in the band for 4 generations.The oldest band member Jim Plummer is 93, and the youngest Reed Davis is 7.
- Current band members share their talents from 11 different zip codes!
- The Town Band plays over 200 different songs each year.
- Besides being good friends, band members share the following relationships: grandmothers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, granddaughters, grandsons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, husband and wife.
- Our new historical marker is only the 8th of 9 markers in Medina County.
Litchfield Town Band circa 1949