A Century of Music
Founded in 1901, The Litchfield Town Band’s directors and musicians were recently recognized for their dedication through the years, receiving Litchfield Township’s first historical marker! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Celia Kruggel and Cindy Bennett, The Ohio History Center has awarded our band a Historical Marker for being active for over one hundred years. Special thanks to Jason Davis, Mike Pope, John Kruggel, Art Butcher and John Butcher for their hard work placing the marker next to the Gazebo at Circle Park.
The Litchfield Town Band cordially invites musicians high school age and beyond to join us in rehearsals and performances! Following the 2019 summer performance season, the band will rehearse Tuesday, October 8 from 7:30-8:30 pm at the Town Hall in preparation for Medina County’s annual Fall Foliage Tour. We will perform on Saturday, October 12 from 2-3 pm in the Gazebo (weather permitting) or in the old Firehouse in conjunction with tours hosted by the Litchfield Historical Society.
With deep regret and until further notice, the Litchfield Town Band has cancelled its spring and summer band season for 2020. Please check back here or contact Cindy Bennett at 419.652.2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any future updates.
Litchfield Town Band Complete Schedule for Spring and Summer 2020
Until further notice, the Litchfield Town Band will not rehearse.
The Town Band will not play at the Litchfield Memorial Day Service (cancelled) or the Chatham Memorial Day Service for 2020.
ICE CREAM SOCIALS
The Litchfield Circle Ice Cream Socials have officially been cancelled for 2020.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Bennett:
433 Township Road 1031, Nova, OH 44859
- The Kruggle/Smith family has played in the band for 4 generations. The oldest band member Jim Plummer is 93, and the youngest Reed Davis is 10 (he started with the band at 5).
- Current band members share their talents from 11 different zip codes!
- The Town Band plays over 200 different songs each year.
- Besides being good friends, band members share the following relationships: grandmothers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, granddaughters, grandsons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, husband and wife.
- Our new historical marker is only the 8th of 9 markers in Medina County.
Litchfield Town Band circa 1949