The Litchfield Town Band is back in action!
First, some rehearsal time:
All rehearsals are at the Litchfield Town Hall at 7:00 pm.
Then let’s remember:
Great news! The Memorial Day Walk is back on Sunday, May 30 at 1:30 pm. As usual, we’ll meet at the Litchfield Circle and then walk to the cemetery for a short ceremony.
And then let’s celebrate:
Ice Cream Socials are on Fridays this summer!
Socials start at 6:30, the Band begins playing at 7:00.
A Century of Music
Founded in 1901, The Litchfield Town Band’s directors and musicians were recently recognized for their dedication through the years, receiving Litchfield Township’s first historical marker! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Celia Kruggel and Cindy Bennett, The Ohio History Center has awarded our band a Historical Marker for being active for over one hundred years. Special thanks to Jason Davis, Mike Pope, John Kruggel, Art Butcher and John Butcher for their hard work placing the marker next to the Gazebo at Circle Park.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Bennett:
433 Township Road 1031, Nova, OH 44859
- The Kruggle/Smith family has played in the band for 4 generations. The oldest band member Jim Plummer is 93, and the youngest Reed Davis is 10 (he started with the band at 5).
- Current band members share their talents from 11 different zip codes!
- The Town Band plays over 200 different songs each year.
- Besides being good friends, band members share the following relationships: grandmothers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, granddaughters, grandsons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, husband and wife.
- Our new historical marker is only the 8th of 9 markers in Medina County.
Litchfield Town Band circa 1949