Photo by Charisse Nikel
Litchfield Sunset by Charisse Nikel
All of us in Litchfield Township wish you health and safety.
Yep, it’s that time again . . . Halloween!
And this year you and your family have two ways to celebrate, both on Sunday, October 31 from 6-8 pm:
Community Trick or Treating
Trunk or Treat
- At the Litchfield Town Hall parking lot.
- If you’d like to participate in Trunk or Treat, contact Trustee Dennis Horvath at 330.591.5397 for info.
- NEW: dress up your pets and bring them along!
- Don’t worry: if there’s bad weather, Trunk or Treat will be held in the auxiliary building next to the Town Hall.
- Click here or on the poster above for a cool printable copy!
Community Cares Food Drive
Help others in our community to have a better Thanksgiving holiday by donating items during our Community Cares Food Drive, running now until November 13.
Drop Off Points:
- DeSimone’s Country Market: 8517 Norwalk Road, Litchfield
- Smokey Dan’s Tobacco and Novelty Shop: 9287 Norwalk Road, Litchfield
- Chatham General Store: 6403 Avon Lake Road, Medina
- Emmanuel United Christian Church: 6656 Center Road, Valley City
Click on the image for a closer look.
Quilts Made With Love, Friendship and History
Quilt 2: Litchfield Eagle
In 2006 the Historical Society organized and hosted a 175th anniversary for Litchfield Township. That year, one of the mature trees in the circle park had to be taken down, and an eagle was carved into the trunk.
The Historical Society used the image of that eagle on the shirts it printed that year and later on this quilt.
Want a better look? Click on the quilt photo for a larger image. Better yet, visit the Litchfield Town Hall to admire it in person!
Litchfield Town Band News
The Town Band is gearing up for fall, winter and (believe it or not!) into 2022! Click here to read the latest and get their schedule.
Welcome to Litchfield Township, a small town with a big heart!
Litchfield Township is located southwest of Cleveland, Ohio in Medina County.
People arrive in Litchfield, Ohio for a variety of reasons, but they all agree that it’s a great place to be. There’s so much to do and see, and it’s unsurpassed as a place to live and work, raise a family, and enjoy your retirement.
If you’re new to Litchfield or if you’d like to check up on the latest events, sign your child up for baseball or find the nearest church, just click the tabs at the top or in the sidebar to find what you need. If you don’t find it, just ask us.
Click here to read the latest news on our What’s New page or click on the individual links in the Recent Posts.
Welcome to our website, and welcome to our town!
Litchfield Township Hall | PO Box 178 | 9266 Norwalk Road, Litchfield, OH 44253 | 330.723.6966