The Litchfield Town Band is back in action!
Fall and Winter 2021
Rehearsals: Tuesdays, November 9, 16, 23 & 30
All rehearsals are Tuesdays from 7-8 pm in the Litchfield Town Hall or the old Litchfield Firehouse Meeting Room.
Medina County Home Christmas Performance: Tuesday, December 7, 7 pm
Rehearsals: Held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month beginning January 18, followed by February 1 & 15, March 1 & 15, April 5 & 19 (weather and health restrictions permitting)
- rehearsals Tuesdays, May 3, 10, 17 & 24
- Litchfield Memorial Day Service: Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 1:30 pm
- Chatham Memorial Day Service: Monday, May 30, 2022 at 10 am
A Century of Music
Founded in 1901, The Litchfield Town Band’s directors and musicians were recently recognized for their dedication through the years, receiving Litchfield Township’s first historical marker! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Celia Kruggel and Cindy Bennett, The Ohio History Center has awarded our band a Historical Marker for being active for over one hundred years. Special thanks to Jason Davis, Mike Pope, John Kruggel, Art Butcher and John Butcher for their hard work placing the marker next to the Gazebo at Circle Park.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Cindy Bennett:
433 Township Road 1031, Nova, OH 44859
- The Kruggle/Smith family has played in the band for 4 generations. The oldest band member Jim Plummer is 93, and the youngest Reed Davis is 10 (he started with the band at 5).
- Current band members share their talents from 11 different zip codes!
- The Town Band plays over 200 different songs each year.
- Besides being good friends, band members share the following relationships: grandmothers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, granddaughters, grandsons, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, husband and wife.
- Our new historical marker is only the 8th of 9 markers in Medina County.
Litchfield Town Band circa 1949